Friday, February 9, 2007

Share Now!

Since my ARP revolves around stimulating knowledge transfer, I keep thinking about ways get force my group to share their practices. Share now or you’re fired! However, I need to continue to remember that this is about changing my practice. However, I guess changing my practice includes changing the way I manage. So I can set expectations around knowledge transfer. But I want to engage them in ideas on how to do it. One thing that occurred as I was thinking about this is that no one ever really shared with me how to do my job. Plus, if I were to suddenly leave, the next person would learn in the same way I did: osmosis, trial and error (and for me it was lots of error!). That would be fine if I wasn’t working with a large dollar budget. So I need to begin thinking also about how I am going to transfer my own knowledge if I am not physically available.

No comments: